I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Friday, November 7, 2008

Words of counsel concerning the US post election time...

***********************************************************************
This is from my friend and brother - Dan Hubbell
************************************************************************
I feel led of the Spirit to share with you what I discern to be a Godly response to the US national election results. I would strongly counsel everyone to focus on some basic Scriptural truths about our citizenship responsibilities:

1) Governments rise and fall as He ordains - Daniel 4:32 and Romans 13:1-5

2) We are to pray for our leaders - I Timothy 2:1-3

3 ) We are commanded to pay our taxes and render honor to those in authority - Romans 13:6-7; I Peter 2:13-17

4) We are not to speak evil of rulers - II Peter 2:9-10

5) Any nation that fears the Lord will reap blessings and any nation that does not will suffer His judgment - Proverbs 14:34; Psalms 2:1-12

6) Always remember that our ultimate citizenship is in heaven - Philippians 3:20-21; Acts 17:24-27

7) Concerning a broader perspective view of world events, I feel strongly in my spirit that we are imminently facing very difficult days ahead, and yet at the same time, glorious days. Calamities of all kinds will continue to increase, persecution of believers will increase greatly, and at the same time, the Gospel of the Kingdom will be powerfully lived out and proclaimed to all nations of the world.

8) Remember and take comfort in what Jesus said, "And when these things begin to come to pass, then lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh!" (Luke 21:28)

Love in Him,

Dan Hubbell
His servant
From "a hired house"(Acts 28:30-31)
Winnsboro, Texas USA
http://www.churchrestoration.org

*********************************************************************

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.