I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just One More Time…

Just One More Time…

There are a few times in life that I am simply overwhelmed. They are typically times brought on by events that create extreme emotion. They are times like: The birth of a child, the loss of a family member or close friend, even the loss of a much-loved pet. Or, it could be something like getting a long awaited, and well earned promotion. Some people even get emotional over material things. I don’t. Things that create overwhelming emotion in me are always connected to living things. You know, people or animals.

I had such a day recently. In fact I had a few such days in succession. Home on a weekend, I checked my incoming email. There was one from “wbcox” and the subject line was “old guys.” Though it did not get caught by my spam filter, my first thought was that it should have been.

It turned out to be an old shipmate (and pal) of mine from my Navy days. We served together 45 years ago in Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron VAW – 13. And almost 45 years ago was our last contact. This contact exchange brought about overwhelming emotion for me. In addition, WB has contact with others from those days and has provided contact information. Just today (12/15) I spoke with Tuner Johnston by phone. He is another old crony of mine. I will admit to a couple of tears when we hung up.

I loved these guys… we served our country together, and I will say I would have been willing to take a bullet for some of them, and I am sure they would have done the same for me. It was a great time, and this contact brought back a flood of memories. WB has also directed me to some on-line sites featuring many photos from way back then. I can once again see the planes I flew in via photos. So this is what caused overwhelming emotion in me… I am blessed by this re-connection and I don’t plan on letting it go. It will be God who separates us (temporally), when we are next separated.

So, I wish we could all go back 45 years, and do it Just One More Time. Just one more liberty together. One more night on the town with WB, Tuner, Ron Peck, Bill Green, Hugh Crews, Monk and a few more… oh yeah, I want us all to be just as we were then… Long live THE ZAPPERS!

In the Grip of Grace,

Wayne (ECM Weeks)

www.Capstone-Ministries.org

Love all – Trust some – Harm none

Link to me at: http://www.linkedin.com/home
Follow me at: http://twitter.com/wcweeks

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.