I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Thursday, June 1, 2017

I'm confused. The Bible says Jesus died on the cross for my sins. What happened to all those people in the Old Testament who died before Jesus came?

The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ
The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

It's important to remember that Jesus the Christ, the Lamb of God, died for each of us individually; His sacrifice was for all of us, including those in the Old Testament.  You can look upon this as sort of "retroactive" atonement. Remember God always had a plan of redemption for us, and that plan was laid prior to the foundation of the earth being laid. Jesus always was going to be the sacrificial lamb, from the beginning. So the Old Testament believers received the redemption and atonement in the same manner we have; by the blood of Christ. Their sins were imputed to Him beforehand. (see Romans 3:25 --best in the King James version) Christ died for our sins; past, present and future. In the case of the Old Testament believers, it's just past sins.

Related scripture:  Hebrews 9:15

Would you like to know more?  Feel free to email me at: wcweeks1@gmail.com

Take a minute and check out my ebooks, all on one page: http://goo.gl/rTpBXb


.


No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.