I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Friday, June 16, 2017

I hear Christians speak of the "Trinity" yet I cannot find the word in the Bible. Does that mean it is an un-biblical doctrine?

The Scutum Fidei, a diagram frequently used by...
The Scutum Fidei, a diagram frequently used by Christian apologists to explain the Trinity. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

You are correct in that the word "Trinity" does not appear in the Bible, but the concept is clearly derived from Scripture, and is a biblical doctrine. Throughout the Bible references are made to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. There is but one God existing in three personalities (or persons). In fact, there is very strong biblical support for the doctrine of the Trinity.  Some of the Scripture supporting one God -- 1 Corinthians 8:4, James 2:19, John 5:44, Romans 3:30 and more. On the one hand, the Scripture is clear that there is only one God; yet, it also is clear that there are three distinct persons who are called God in Scripture. God the Father -- 1 Peter 1:2 and others, God the Son (Jesus)-- John 20:28 and others, God the Holy Spirit -- Acts 5: 3,4. The concept of the Trinity carries through the entire Bible and I have given you a very small sampling of supporting Scripture. No, the word Trinity is not used in the Bible; Yes, the doctrine of the Trinity is a valid biblical doctrine.



Related scripture:  Matthew 28:19

Would you like to know more?  Feel free to email me at: wcweeks1@gmail.com

Take a minute and check out my ebooks, all on one page: http://goo.gl/rTpBXb

.


No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.