I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Friday, February 3, 2012

How Many Archangels are there?



Michael is referred to as "archangel."  How many archangels are there?

The word "archangel" appears in scripture only two times. In 1 Thessalonians 4:16 and Jude 9. Both times "archangel" is applied to Michael. You will notice as you read these two verses that in each Michael is referred to as "the" archangel, not "an" archangel.  The prefix "arch" means "first," so it would seem there could not be two first angels. I think the only reasonable conclusion in Michael is the only archangel.


RELAVENT SCRIPTURE:
And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.  Revelation 12:7



38

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.