I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Monday, February 20, 2012

Does God Listen to non-christians?

QUESTION:
Does God listen to the prayers of non-Christians?

I think what you are really asking is "Does God respond to the prayers of non-Christians." Nothing escapes God's attention. Clearly, God being omniscient hears every word uttered by every human being throughout the world; but does He respond?  There are times when God does respond to the prayers of non-believers. For example, God hears the prayer of acceptance whenever a non-believer prays to accept Jesus into his/her life.  I believe God also answers prayers of non-Christians as part of the process leading to their acceptance of Christ. God may answer some of these prayers to show that He is there, He is real, and that He is the one true God. However, only Christians -- those in the family of God -- can go before God and call Him "Abba." Galatians 4:6  Only Christians can claim the many promises God makes to those in His family. 2 Peter 1:4
RELEVANT SCRIPTURE:
O Lord, you have searched me, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. Psalm 139:1-4




40

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.