I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When Resurrected did Jesus Have a Material Body?

Luca Signorelli - "Resurrection of the Fl...Image via Wikipedia

Question: I think the Bible teaches that when Jesus was resurrected He had a material body.  Is that so, and if it is, how did He get into a room when the door was closed and locked?

Good question! You are no doubt referring to John 20:19. First question first. Yes, the resurrection body of Jesus was material, otherwise there would have been no resurrection. Jesus Himself predicted His bodily resurrection in John 2:18-22. On to the second part of your question; how did He get on the other side of the locked door? I don't know, but please let me remind you of a few things. First, Jesus is God and therefore can do anything! Remember He performed many miracles prior to His crucifixion and we, with our limited earthly knowledge, are unable to explain how they were done. For just one example, how about when He walked on water.  Scripture also tells us that Christ's resurrection body was "supernatural." Some use this as an answer to your question, but I don't accept this answer. It seems to suggest He would not have been able to enter the closed and locked room in His pre-resurrection body. That simply is not true. Jesus is, and always was, God. He can (and could) do anything He chose to do.

Relevant Scripture
"Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."  
Luke 24:39


Be blessed,
Wayne
http://www.Capstone-Ministries.org

If you enjoy some of the articles posted here please subscribe to this blog via RSS feeds or email. Send your friends here too, and consider being a follower. You can subscribe and/or become a follower in the left-hand column.



26

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.