I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Friday, May 12, 2017

I have heard that Jesus was not really God, but was a good moral teacher who was trying to set an example for us. Is this true?

English: An etching by Jan Luyken representing...
English: An etching by Jan Luyken representing "Jesus the Teacher" in the Bowyer Bible, Bolton, England. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


Absolutely not!  Jesus told us He is God in several places in the bible.  Read John 6:29,40 & John:8:58. Think about it for a minute; Jesus as only a good moral teacher does not make sense. If Jesus said He is God, and he is not, then he must have been a liar. If he was a liar, how could he have been a good moral teacher, since the act of lying reflects bad morals. Would someone who was just a teacher of moral values claim that the destiny of the world lay in His hands? Would he tell people they would spend eternity in heaven or hell, depending upon their believing in Him? I think not. Further, for Jesus to tell people that He is God, and the Savior of the world (Luke 19:10) when he really was not, would be the height of immorality. Yes, Jesus was (and is) a good moral teacher, but He also was (and is) God.


Related scripture:  John 8:58

Would you like to know more?  Feel free to email me at: wcweeks1@gmail.com

Take a minute and check out my ebooks, all on one page: http://goo.gl/rTpBXb

.

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.