I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Friday, January 2, 2015

The Little Guy Says it all...



Hello. Don’t recognize me?
 
That’s OK; I understand.
 
My name was Antonio West.
 
I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot.
 
I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.
 
A Grand Jury of my mommys peers from Brunswick , Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty.  Georgia doesn't have the death penalty for under 18 year olds. Too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn’t have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn’t ruled a ‘hate crime’.
 
Oh, and President Obama didn’t take a single moment to acknowledge my murder.
 
Attorney General Eric Holder didn’t come into town and start a Federal investigation.
 
Neither one have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should they care?
 
 
I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media didn’t care to cover the story of my being killed in cold blood.
 
 
There isn’t a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be branded a ‘racist’.

 
So no one’s rushing to Brunswick , Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me.

 
There’s no ‘White Panther’ party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me.

 
I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller

 
I no longer have my life.

 
Isn’t this a great country?
 
 
So while you’re out seeking ‘justice for Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me.
 
Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon and Brown. 
I won’t hold my breath.
 
I don’t have to anymore.

.

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.