I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review of “The Wolf of Wall Street”

Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



I don’t often do movie reviews, but there are times like this where I feel I must…

The Wolf of Wall Street is a 2013 American black comedy film directed by Martin Scorsese, based on Jordan Belfort's memoir of the same name. It was released on December 25, 2013. The screenplay was written by Terence Winter, and the film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort, a New York stockbroker who runs a firm that engages in securities fraud and corruption on Wall Street in the 1990s.

Did this junk really win Best Picture???  Unbelievable!  This is the worst excuse for entertainment I have seen in a very long time. It is a long movie (or maybe it just seemed that way) full of pictures of the very worst behavior of society.  Leonardo DiCaprio should be ashamed for taking the roll. Well, I guess that only proves it’s all about money.

Someone had warned me that is not appropriate for all audiences so I rented it when my wife was out of town.  When I say I rented it, what I really mean is I got one of those promo things for a free movie from RedBox .  So, at least I did not spend $1.29 on it. I just wasted my time and some gas going to and from RedBox.  But it still cost way too much!  This piece of trash should have been rated “X”. Maybe even “XXX”. It is not fit for adults, let alone children. I am really, really glad I did not subject my wife to this, and doubly glad I did not pay the price for seeing it in the theater.

With absolutely no redeeming social value, I am at a loss regarding the award.  Best Picture… Really?
Really!  I guess it is a reflection of the moral decay of society.

Do yourself a favor… don’t waste your time and money on this POS (excuse please).  Life is too short and there are much better ways of using it…

Best Picture… Really!

 

Check out all of my books at my Kindle Author’s Page:


.
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.