I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Monday, January 4, 2010

Was Jesus Simply Just a Good Moral Teacher?

Christians believe that Jesus is the mediator ...Image via Wikipedia
I have heard that Jesus was not really God, but was a good moral teacher who was trying to set an example for us. Is this true?

Absolutely not!  Jesus told us He is God in several places in the bible. In addition to the verse above, read John 6:29,40. Think about it for a minute; Jesus as only a good moral teacher does not make sense. If Jesus said He is God, and he is not, then he must have been a liar. If he was a liar, how could he have been a good moral teacher, since the act of lying reflects bad morals. Would someone who was just a teacher of moral values claim that the destiny of the world lay in His hands? Would he tell people they would spend eternity in heaven or hell, depending upon their believing in Him? I think not. Further, for Jesus to tell people that He is God, and the Savior of the world (Luke 19:10) when he really was not, would be the height of immorality. Yes, Jesus was (and is) a good moral teacher, but He also was (and is) God.

Revelant Scripture
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"  John 8:58


Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?   John 14:9

In the Grip of Grace,
Wayne

www.Capstone-Ministries.org

If you enjoy some of the articles posted here please subscribe to this blog via RSS feeds or email. Send your friends here too, and consider being a follower. You can subscribe and/or become a follower in the left hand column.

 13

.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.