I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Monday, January 25, 2010

My Husband is Not a Christian. Should I Leave Him?

Millennium Prayer to World PeaceImage by Loci Lenar via Flickr
Question:  My husband of five years is not a Christian.  I thought he might change with my influence, but he shows no signs, and now I feel "unequally yoked." In view of 2 Corinthians 6:14 am I justified in seeking a divorce?

Answer: Absolutely not! The Scripture you referenced in no way suggests or condones divorce. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 admonishes us to be careful in entering into relationships, (all types not just marriage) and that we should enter into relationships with believers whenever possible.  If, for some reason we do not heed the admonition, God has provided ample Scripture to guide us in those relationships, once established, even if we are "unequally yoked." I think the Scripture that is applicable to your situation is 1 Corinthians 7:13,16. Go and read it, and while you are at it read Genesis 2:24.  Remember, your marriage was a covenant with God as well as with your husband. God does not honor divorce, and Christians should not consider divorce an option (or at least the very, very last option in cases of abuse or danger). God joined you together, and told you to stay together, so you better figure out how to do it. I will pray for your situation.


Relevant Scripture
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let no man separate." Matthew 19:4-6


Be blessed,
Wayne
http://www.Capstone-Ministries.org

 
 

If you enjoy some of the articles posted here please subscribe to this blog via RSS feeds or email. Send your friends here too, and consider being a follower. You can subscribe and/or become a follower in the left hand column.

.

19


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.