I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Monday, April 24, 2017

I struggle to do the right thing, but it seems I often do the wrong thing. Why does God tempt us to sin?

.


God does not tempt us.  That is one of Satan's specialties. God does test us at times, but he does not tempt us. What's the difference? Tempting is trying to get a person to do something wrong.  A trial (or test) is a situation in which God gives a person an opportunity to do something right.  God never tries to trip us up, but he does allow tough circumstances to build our character and spiritual maturity. On occasion God may test us by putting us directly into Satan's line of fire. God doesn't test us so that we may fall into sin.  He tests us so that we might be victorious. As far as your struggle to do the right thing, we all struggle there.  You are not alone. Even the Apostle Paul faced this struggle. (see Romans 7:7-25)  Make up your mind that you will not be tempted by sin, and then do the best you can. Ask God for forgiveness when you fail.



Related scripture:  Mark 1:12,13. Also see Matthew 4:1-11 & Luke 4:1-13

Would you like to know more?  Feel free to email me at: wcweeks1@gmail.com

Take a minute and check out my ebooks, all on one page: http://goo.gl/rTpBXb


.

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.