I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Monday, July 20, 2009

SAINT WAYNE

Yep… that’s right I am a saint. Oh, I am not saying I have been declared a saint by the Catholic church or anything like that. I have been declared a saint by God. He’s even higher than the Catholic church, you know…


Seriously, a while back I was asked: I have heard Christians refer to one another as saints. Why is that?

I answered: Because that is what we are. Let me explain. The word “saint” literally means one who is set apart. As used around the time that both Romans and Philippians were written (about A.D. 57 to A.D. 62) it meant those who were dedicated to God. This included all who believed in Jesus, regardless of their individual character or spiritual maturity. Today it means the same thing. A saint is not someone who, through their own power or strength, has attained a certain level of purity. A saint is someone who believes in Jesus Christ and because of that belief has had the stain of sin washed away by the blood of Jesus. Because of Jesus, saints are clean. We are saints because of what Jesus did for us, and not because of anything we do. His death on the cross did away with the sin problem for all who believe in Him. That sets us apart, and makes us saints.

Some relevant Scripture

To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints; Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 1:7

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons: Philippians 1:1


Saint Wayne signing off. Thanks for reading!

www.Capstone-Ministries.org

Love all – Trust some – Harm none

.

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.