I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is!


Wednesday, April 22, 2009

JESUS NOT INVITED TO OBAMA’S GEORGETOWN SPEECH

This is a dual post. I posted it a few days ago on another blog -
Restarting America -
http://www.americanrestart.com/
*******************************************************************
Jusus Not Invited to Obama's Georgetown Speech

You know people, I am irritated.

A few days ago President Obama gave a speech at Georgetown University. First, let me say I find it troubling that Georgetown University, a Catholic university, would invite anyone who is pro-abortion and pro-fetal stem research to to speak there. But even more troubling is that once Obama accepted the invitation, his staff requested that a symbol of Jesus be covered up and the university agreed.

The symbol that needed to be hidden was “IHS.” Without going into a lengthy explanation, let me say that it is actually an abbreviation of the name Jesus.

The White House spin is that concealing the monogram was not their intention but that they wanted to provide a suitable background for the flags that typically appear when an American president speaks. Balderdash! Look at where the flags are and where the monogram was.

I wonder if anyone at the White House would have had to guts to ask that a Star of David be removed if Obama were invited to speak at a Synagogue, or request head scarves be removed if speaking at a Mosque? Somehow I don’t think so. But to belittle Jesus, well, that’s OK.

Mr. President and White House staff… that’s NOT OK. Jesus is my King, and God is keeping track.

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Galatians 6:7



If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26


So it seems it’s OK for the president of the United States to bow before the Muslim ruler of another country, and it’s OK to shake the hand of the leader of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez a sworn enemy of the United States, but he cannot give a speech at a Catholic university and have the name of Jesus showing.

Be careful Mr. President…


Your comments are welcomed and appreciated. Especially welcome are suggestions of subject matter.

God bless America,

Wayne

Love all – Trust some – Harm none


Link to me at: www.LinkedIn.com/in/wcweeks

Follow me at: http://twitter.com/wcweeks

Be a friend at: www.Facebook.com

.

No comments:

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: All products and/or services advertised/promoted on this blog are either owned by myself, or I am an affiliate marketer for. Should you make a purchase I MAY EARN A COMMISSION or receive revenue. Don't let that stop you.